The Ten Points (as adapted for all addicts and all addictions)
Chapter five of the book Alcoholics Anonymous has always been a faithful guide for people who want to practice the Twelve Step Program. The following Ten Points are a summary of the lifesaving directions given in chapter five, and currently used in the All Addicts Anonymous Program —
- Completely give yourself to this simple Program.
- Practice rigorous honesty.
- Be willing to go to any lengths to recover.
- Be fearless and thorough in your practice of the principles.
- Realize that there is no easier, softer way.
- Let go of your old ideas absolutely.
- Recognize that half measures will not work.
- Ask God’s protection and care with complete abandon.
- Be willing to grow along spiritual lines.
- Accept the following pertinent ideas as proved by All Addicts Anonymous experience:
- that you cannot manage your own life;
- that probably no human power can restore you to sanity;
- that God can and will if sought.